archive-sg.com » SG » P » PMB.SG

Total: 149

Choose link from "Titles, links and description words view":

Or switch to "Titles and links view".
  • MacDonald House « Preservation Of Monuments Board
    Jesus Chapel and Caldwell House now CHIJMES Istana and Sri Temasek City Hall Victoria Theatre and Concert Hall Former Parliament House and Annex Building now The Arts House Former Supreme Court Former Empress Place Building now Asian Civilisations Museum National Museum Former St Joseph s Institution now Singapore Art Museum Former Attorney General s Chambers now Parliament House Block C Former Sun Yat Sen Villa now Sun Yat Sen Nanyang Memorial Hall Yueh Hai Ching Temple Maghain Aboth Synagogue Former Ministry of Labour Building now Subordinate Courts Former Tao Nan School now The Peranakan Museum Chesed El Synagogue Former Hill Street Police Station now Old Hill Street Police Station Ying Fo Fui Kun Central Fire Station Former Nanyang University Library and Administration Building Memorial and Arch Chinese High School Clock Tower Building Prinsep Street Presbyterian Church Tan Teck Guan Building College of Medicine Building Former Admiralty House Former Cathay Building now The Cathay Church of Sts Peter and Paul MacDonald House St Joseph s Church Church of Our Lady of Lourdes Church of the Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary Tou Mu Kung Temple Former Ford Factory now Memories at Old Ford Factory Command House Former St James Power Station Bowyer Block Former Raffles College now NUS Campus at Bukit Timah Former Keng Teck Whay now Singapore Yu Huang Gong Temple of Heavenly Jade Emperor Church of St Teresa Former Singapore Conference Hall and Trade Union House now Singapore Conference Hall Esplanade Park Memorials Former Tanjong Pagar Railway Station Text size MacDonald House Date of Construction 1947 1949 Date of Gazette 10 February 2003 Address 40A Orchard Road Singapore 238838 Architect Reginald Eyre Palmer and Turner Macdonald House is designed by Reginald Eyre of Palmer and Turner for Hong Kong and Shanghai Banking Corporation in 1949 It is the first

    Original URL path: http://www.pmb.sg/?page_id=260 (2012-12-22)
    Open archived version from archive

  • St Joseph’s Church « Preservation Of Monuments Board
    Istana and Sri Temasek City Hall Victoria Theatre and Concert Hall Former Parliament House and Annex Building now The Arts House Former Supreme Court Former Empress Place Building now Asian Civilisations Museum National Museum Former St Joseph s Institution now Singapore Art Museum Former Attorney General s Chambers now Parliament House Block C Former Sun Yat Sen Villa now Sun Yat Sen Nanyang Memorial Hall Yueh Hai Ching Temple Maghain Aboth Synagogue Former Ministry of Labour Building now Subordinate Courts Former Tao Nan School now The Peranakan Museum Chesed El Synagogue Former Hill Street Police Station now Old Hill Street Police Station Ying Fo Fui Kun Central Fire Station Former Nanyang University Library and Administration Building Memorial and Arch Chinese High School Clock Tower Building Prinsep Street Presbyterian Church Tan Teck Guan Building College of Medicine Building Former Admiralty House Former Cathay Building now The Cathay Church of Sts Peter and Paul MacDonald House St Joseph s Church Church of Our Lady of Lourdes Church of the Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary Tou Mu Kung Temple Former Ford Factory now Memories at Old Ford Factory Command House Former St James Power Station Bowyer Block Former Raffles College now NUS Campus at Bukit Timah Former Keng Teck Whay now Singapore Yu Huang Gong Temple of Heavenly Jade Emperor Church of St Teresa Former Singapore Conference Hall and Trade Union House now Singapore Conference Hall Esplanade Park Memorials Former Tanjong Pagar Railway Station Text size St Joseph s Church Date of Construction 1906 1912 Date of Gazette 14 January 2005 Address 143 Victoria Street Singapore 188020 Architect Swan and MacLaren Shortly after the founding of modern Singapore in 1819 amongst the first Catholics to arrived in 1821 were Portuguese The first Catholic priest to be permanently based in Singapore was Father

    Original URL path: http://www.pmb.sg/?page_id=262 (2012-12-22)
    Open archived version from archive

  • Church of Our Lady of Lourdes « Preservation Of Monuments Board
    Supreme Court Former Empress Place Building now Asian Civilisations Museum National Museum Former St Joseph s Institution now Singapore Art Museum Former Attorney General s Chambers now Parliament House Block C Former Sun Yat Sen Villa now Sun Yat Sen Nanyang Memorial Hall Yueh Hai Ching Temple Maghain Aboth Synagogue Former Ministry of Labour Building now Subordinate Courts Former Tao Nan School now The Peranakan Museum Chesed El Synagogue Former Hill Street Police Station now Old Hill Street Police Station Ying Fo Fui Kun Central Fire Station Former Nanyang University Library and Administration Building Memorial and Arch Chinese High School Clock Tower Building Prinsep Street Presbyterian Church Tan Teck Guan Building College of Medicine Building Former Admiralty House Former Cathay Building now The Cathay Church of Sts Peter and Paul MacDonald House St Joseph s Church Church of Our Lady of Lourdes Church of the Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary Tou Mu Kung Temple Former Ford Factory now Memories at Old Ford Factory Command House Former St James Power Station Bowyer Block Former Raffles College now NUS Campus at Bukit Timah Former Keng Teck Whay now Singapore Yu Huang Gong Temple of Heavenly Jade Emperor Church of St Teresa Former Singapore Conference Hall and Trade Union House now Singapore Conference Hall Esplanade Park Memorials Former Tanjong Pagar Railway Station Text size Church of Our Lady of Lourdes Date of Construction 1888 Date of Gazette 14 January 2005 Address 50 Ophir Road Singapore 188690 Architect A W Lermit Swan and Lermit This church was the first Catholic church to serve Singapore s Indian community Prior to 1870 Indian Catholics worshipped at the Cathedral of the Good Shepherd In 1870 Indian Catholics moved to worship together with Chinese Catholics at the Church of St Peter and St Paul In 1885 the

    Original URL path: http://www.pmb.sg/?page_id=264 (2012-12-22)
    Open archived version from archive

  • Church of the Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary « Preservation Of Monuments Board
    Asian Civilisations Museum National Museum Former St Joseph s Institution now Singapore Art Museum Former Attorney General s Chambers now Parliament House Block C Former Sun Yat Sen Villa now Sun Yat Sen Nanyang Memorial Hall Yueh Hai Ching Temple Maghain Aboth Synagogue Former Ministry of Labour Building now Subordinate Courts Former Tao Nan School now The Peranakan Museum Chesed El Synagogue Former Hill Street Police Station now Old Hill Street Police Station Ying Fo Fui Kun Central Fire Station Former Nanyang University Library and Administration Building Memorial and Arch Chinese High School Clock Tower Building Prinsep Street Presbyterian Church Tan Teck Guan Building College of Medicine Building Former Admiralty House Former Cathay Building now The Cathay Church of Sts Peter and Paul MacDonald House St Joseph s Church Church of Our Lady of Lourdes Church of the Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary Tou Mu Kung Temple Former Ford Factory now Memories at Old Ford Factory Command House Former St James Power Station Bowyer Block Former Raffles College now NUS Campus at Bukit Timah Former Keng Teck Whay now Singapore Yu Huang Gong Temple of Heavenly Jade Emperor Church of St Teresa Former Singapore Conference Hall and Trade Union House now Singapore Conference Hall Esplanade Park Memorials Former Tanjong Pagar Railway Station Text size Church of the Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary Date of Construction 1901 Date of Gazette 14 January 2005 Address 1259 Upper Serangoon Road Singapore 534795 Architect Attributed to Father R P Charles Nain The origins of this Catholic church can be traced to an attap thatched roof chapel that was built in 1853 on Upper Serangoon Road its congregation comprising mainly Teochew farmers living in Serangoon and Punggol Subsequently a brick chapel was built in the area and named St Mary s Church Father

    Original URL path: http://www.pmb.sg/?page_id=266 (2012-12-22)
    Open archived version from archive

  • Tou Mu Kung Temple « Preservation Of Monuments Board
    Chinese Methodist Church Goodwood Park Hotel Tower Block Former Convent of the Holy Infant Jesus Chapel and Caldwell House now CHIJMES Istana and Sri Temasek City Hall Victoria Theatre and Concert Hall Former Parliament House and Annex Building now The Arts House Former Supreme Court Former Empress Place Building now Asian Civilisations Museum National Museum Former St Joseph s Institution now Singapore Art Museum Former Attorney General s Chambers now Parliament House Block C Former Sun Yat Sen Villa now Sun Yat Sen Nanyang Memorial Hall Yueh Hai Ching Temple Maghain Aboth Synagogue Former Ministry of Labour Building now Subordinate Courts Former Tao Nan School now The Peranakan Museum Chesed El Synagogue Former Hill Street Police Station now Old Hill Street Police Station Ying Fo Fui Kun Central Fire Station Former Nanyang University Library and Administration Building Memorial and Arch Chinese High School Clock Tower Building Prinsep Street Presbyterian Church Tan Teck Guan Building College of Medicine Building Former Admiralty House Former Cathay Building now The Cathay Church of Sts Peter and Paul MacDonald House St Joseph s Church Church of Our Lady of Lourdes Church of the Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary Tou Mu Kung Temple Former Ford Factory now Memories at Old Ford Factory Command House Former St James Power Station Bowyer Block Former Raffles College now NUS Campus at Bukit Timah Former Keng Teck Whay now Singapore Yu Huang Gong Temple of Heavenly Jade Emperor Church of St Teresa Former Singapore Conference Hall and Trade Union House now Singapore Conference Hall Esplanade Park Memorials Former Tanjong Pagar Railway Station Text size Tou Mu Kung Temple Date of Construction 1919 1921 Date of Gazette 14 January 2005 Address 779A Upper Serangoon Road Singapore 534648 The Taoist temple was established in 1919 by businessman Ong Choo Kee Some

    Original URL path: http://www.pmb.sg/?page_id=268 (2012-12-22)
    Open archived version from archive

  • Former Ford Factory (now Memories at Old Ford Factory) « Preservation Of Monuments Board
    s Chambers now Parliament House Block C Former Sun Yat Sen Villa now Sun Yat Sen Nanyang Memorial Hall Yueh Hai Ching Temple Maghain Aboth Synagogue Former Ministry of Labour Building now Subordinate Courts Former Tao Nan School now The Peranakan Museum Chesed El Synagogue Former Hill Street Police Station now Old Hill Street Police Station Ying Fo Fui Kun Central Fire Station Former Nanyang University Library and Administration Building Memorial and Arch Chinese High School Clock Tower Building Prinsep Street Presbyterian Church Tan Teck Guan Building College of Medicine Building Former Admiralty House Former Cathay Building now The Cathay Church of Sts Peter and Paul MacDonald House St Joseph s Church Church of Our Lady of Lourdes Church of the Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary Tou Mu Kung Temple Former Ford Factory now Memories at Old Ford Factory Command House Former St James Power Station Bowyer Block Former Raffles College now NUS Campus at Bukit Timah Former Keng Teck Whay now Singapore Yu Huang Gong Temple of Heavenly Jade Emperor Church of St Teresa Former Singapore Conference Hall and Trade Union House now Singapore Conference Hall Esplanade Park Memorials Former Tanjong Pagar Railway Station Text size Former Ford Factory now Memories at Old Ford Factory Date of Construction 1941 Date of Gazette 15 February 2006 Address 351 Upper Bukit Timah Road Singapore 588192 Architect Emile Brizay The Ford Motor Company of Malaya Limited was incorporated in Singapore on 9 November 1926 It began operations in a rented shophouse on Enggor Street off Anson Road The company was originally formed to supervise the supply and distribution of Ford products including Lincoln automobiles and Fordson tractors in Malaya Burma the Dutch East Indies present day Indonesia and Thailand Four years later the company moved into a warehouse on Prince Edward

    Original URL path: http://www.pmb.sg/?page_id=270 (2012-12-22)
    Open archived version from archive

  • Command House « Preservation Of Monuments Board
    Supreme Court Former Empress Place Building now Asian Civilisations Museum National Museum Former St Joseph s Institution now Singapore Art Museum Former Attorney General s Chambers now Parliament House Block C Former Sun Yat Sen Villa now Sun Yat Sen Nanyang Memorial Hall Yueh Hai Ching Temple Maghain Aboth Synagogue Former Ministry of Labour Building now Subordinate Courts Former Tao Nan School now The Peranakan Museum Chesed El Synagogue Former Hill Street Police Station now Old Hill Street Police Station Ying Fo Fui Kun Central Fire Station Former Nanyang University Library and Administration Building Memorial and Arch Chinese High School Clock Tower Building Prinsep Street Presbyterian Church Tan Teck Guan Building College of Medicine Building Former Admiralty House Former Cathay Building now The Cathay Church of Sts Peter and Paul MacDonald House St Joseph s Church Church of Our Lady of Lourdes Church of the Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary Tou Mu Kung Temple Former Ford Factory now Memories at Old Ford Factory Command House Former St James Power Station Bowyer Block Former Raffles College now NUS Campus at Bukit Timah Former Keng Teck Whay now Singapore Yu Huang Gong Temple of Heavenly Jade Emperor Church of St Teresa Former Singapore Conference Hall and Trade Union House now Singapore Conference Hall Esplanade Park Memorials Former Tanjong Pagar Railway Station Text size Command House Date of Gazette 11 November 2009 Address 17 Kheam Hock Road Singapore 298791 Formerly known as the Flagstaff House this colonial period house was designed by architect Frank Brewer known for his work on several other colonial style buildings in Singapore Built in 1930s this house served as the residence of the Admiral of the Fleet Royal navy during the British colonial era Sited off Kheam Hock Road Major General W G S Dobbie and his

    Original URL path: http://www.pmb.sg/?page_id=446 (2012-12-22)
    Open archived version from archive

  • Former St James Power Station « Preservation Of Monuments Board
    City Hall Victoria Theatre and Concert Hall Former Parliament House and Annex Building now The Arts House Former Supreme Court Former Empress Place Building now Asian Civilisations Museum National Museum Former St Joseph s Institution now Singapore Art Museum Former Attorney General s Chambers now Parliament House Block C Former Sun Yat Sen Villa now Sun Yat Sen Nanyang Memorial Hall Yueh Hai Ching Temple Maghain Aboth Synagogue Former Ministry of Labour Building now Subordinate Courts Former Tao Nan School now The Peranakan Museum Chesed El Synagogue Former Hill Street Police Station now Old Hill Street Police Station Ying Fo Fui Kun Central Fire Station Former Nanyang University Library and Administration Building Memorial and Arch Chinese High School Clock Tower Building Prinsep Street Presbyterian Church Tan Teck Guan Building College of Medicine Building Former Admiralty House Former Cathay Building now The Cathay Church of Sts Peter and Paul MacDonald House St Joseph s Church Church of Our Lady of Lourdes Church of the Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary Tou Mu Kung Temple Former Ford Factory now Memories at Old Ford Factory Command House Former St James Power Station Bowyer Block Former Raffles College now NUS Campus at Bukit Timah Former Keng Teck Whay now Singapore Yu Huang Gong Temple of Heavenly Jade Emperor Church of St Teresa Former Singapore Conference Hall and Trade Union House now Singapore Conference Hall Esplanade Park Memorials Former Tanjong Pagar Railway Station Text size Former St James Power Station Date of Gazette 11 November 2009 Address 3 Sentosa Gateway Singapore 098544 Built in 1926 the Former St James Power Station is the first municipal power station Its exterior stands out with its distinctive red brick walls It symbolizes the colonial government s efforts to modernize the lifestyles by introducing electricity to the Telok Blangah

    Original URL path: http://www.pmb.sg/?page_id=450 (2012-12-22)
    Open archived version from archive