archive-sg.com » SG » P » PMB.SG

Total: 149

Choose link from "Titles, links and description words view":

Or switch to "Titles and links view".
  • Al-Abrar Mosque « Preservation Of Monuments Board
    Hong San See Sri Perumal Temple Abdul Gafoor Mosque Former Siong Lim Temple now Lian Shan Shuang Lin Monastery Raffles Hotel Telok Ayer Chinese Methodist Church Goodwood Park Hotel Tower Block Former Convent of the Holy Infant Jesus Chapel and Caldwell House now CHIJMES Istana and Sri Temasek City Hall Victoria Theatre and Concert Hall Former Parliament House and Annex Building now The Arts House Former Supreme Court Former Empress Place Building now Asian Civilisations Museum National Museum Former St Joseph s Institution now Singapore Art Museum Former Attorney General s Chambers now Parliament House Block C Former Sun Yat Sen Villa now Sun Yat Sen Nanyang Memorial Hall Yueh Hai Ching Temple Maghain Aboth Synagogue Former Ministry of Labour Building now Subordinate Courts Former Tao Nan School now The Peranakan Museum Chesed El Synagogue Former Hill Street Police Station now Old Hill Street Police Station Ying Fo Fui Kun Central Fire Station Former Nanyang University Library and Administration Building Memorial and Arch Chinese High School Clock Tower Building Prinsep Street Presbyterian Church Tan Teck Guan Building College of Medicine Building Former Admiralty House Former Cathay Building now The Cathay Church of Sts Peter and Paul MacDonald House St Joseph s Church Church of Our Lady of Lourdes Church of the Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary Tou Mu Kung Temple Former Ford Factory now Memories at Old Ford Factory Command House Former St James Power Station Bowyer Block Former Raffles College now NUS Campus at Bukit Timah Former Keng Teck Whay now Singapore Yu Huang Gong Temple of Heavenly Jade Emperor Church of St Teresa Former Singapore Conference Hall and Trade Union House now Singapore Conference Hall Esplanade Park Memorials Former Tanjong Pagar Railway Station Text size Al Abrar Mosque Date of Construction 1850 1855 Date of Gazette 19

    Original URL path: http://www.pmb.sg/?page_id=180 (2012-12-22)
    Open archived version from archive

  • House of Tan Yeok Nee (Former Salvation Army HQ) « Preservation Of Monuments Board
    the Holy Infant Jesus Chapel and Caldwell House now CHIJMES Istana and Sri Temasek City Hall Victoria Theatre and Concert Hall Former Parliament House and Annex Building now The Arts House Former Supreme Court Former Empress Place Building now Asian Civilisations Museum National Museum Former St Joseph s Institution now Singapore Art Museum Former Attorney General s Chambers now Parliament House Block C Former Sun Yat Sen Villa now Sun Yat Sen Nanyang Memorial Hall Yueh Hai Ching Temple Maghain Aboth Synagogue Former Ministry of Labour Building now Subordinate Courts Former Tao Nan School now The Peranakan Museum Chesed El Synagogue Former Hill Street Police Station now Old Hill Street Police Station Ying Fo Fui Kun Central Fire Station Former Nanyang University Library and Administration Building Memorial and Arch Chinese High School Clock Tower Building Prinsep Street Presbyterian Church Tan Teck Guan Building College of Medicine Building Former Admiralty House Former Cathay Building now The Cathay Church of Sts Peter and Paul MacDonald House St Joseph s Church Church of Our Lady of Lourdes Church of the Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary Tou Mu Kung Temple Former Ford Factory now Memories at Old Ford Factory Command House Former St James Power Station Bowyer Block Former Raffles College now NUS Campus at Bukit Timah Former Keng Teck Whay now Singapore Yu Huang Gong Temple of Heavenly Jade Emperor Church of St Teresa Former Singapore Conference Hall and Trade Union House now Singapore Conference Hall Esplanade Park Memorials Former Tanjong Pagar Railway Station Text size House of Tan Yeok Nee Former Salvation Army HQ Date of Construction 1882 Date of Gazette 19 November 1974 Address 101 Penang Road Singapore 238466 Tan Yeok Nee a Teochew towkay engaged in the pepper and gambier trade built his traditional Chinese house in 1882 At

    Original URL path: http://www.pmb.sg/?page_id=182 (2012-12-22)
    Open archived version from archive

  • Tan Si Chong Su « Preservation Of Monuments Board
    Place Building now Asian Civilisations Museum National Museum Former St Joseph s Institution now Singapore Art Museum Former Attorney General s Chambers now Parliament House Block C Former Sun Yat Sen Villa now Sun Yat Sen Nanyang Memorial Hall Yueh Hai Ching Temple Maghain Aboth Synagogue Former Ministry of Labour Building now Subordinate Courts Former Tao Nan School now The Peranakan Museum Chesed El Synagogue Former Hill Street Police Station now Old Hill Street Police Station Ying Fo Fui Kun Central Fire Station Former Nanyang University Library and Administration Building Memorial and Arch Chinese High School Clock Tower Building Prinsep Street Presbyterian Church Tan Teck Guan Building College of Medicine Building Former Admiralty House Former Cathay Building now The Cathay Church of Sts Peter and Paul MacDonald House St Joseph s Church Church of Our Lady of Lourdes Church of the Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary Tou Mu Kung Temple Former Ford Factory now Memories at Old Ford Factory Command House Former St James Power Station Bowyer Block Former Raffles College now NUS Campus at Bukit Timah Former Keng Teck Whay now Singapore Yu Huang Gong Temple of Heavenly Jade Emperor Church of St Teresa Former Singapore Conference Hall and Trade Union House now Singapore Conference Hall Esplanade Park Memorials Former Tanjong Pagar Railway Station Text size Tan Si Chong Su Date of Construction 1876 1878 Date of Gazette 19 November 1974 Address 15 Magazine Road Singapore 059568 This temple of the Tan Clan in Singapore was jointly erected in 1876 by Tan Kim Ching the eldest son of Tan Tock Seng and Tan Beng Swee the son of Tan Kim Seng They were the sons of two leading families of the surname Tan in Singapore Tan Tock Seng was born in Malacca in 1798 and came to Singapore

    Original URL path: http://www.pmb.sg/?page_id=184 (2012-12-22)
    Open archived version from archive

  • Jamae Mosque « Preservation Of Monuments Board
    Abdul Gafoor Mosque Former Siong Lim Temple now Lian Shan Shuang Lin Monastery Raffles Hotel Telok Ayer Chinese Methodist Church Goodwood Park Hotel Tower Block Former Convent of the Holy Infant Jesus Chapel and Caldwell House now CHIJMES Istana and Sri Temasek City Hall Victoria Theatre and Concert Hall Former Parliament House and Annex Building now The Arts House Former Supreme Court Former Empress Place Building now Asian Civilisations Museum National Museum Former St Joseph s Institution now Singapore Art Museum Former Attorney General s Chambers now Parliament House Block C Former Sun Yat Sen Villa now Sun Yat Sen Nanyang Memorial Hall Yueh Hai Ching Temple Maghain Aboth Synagogue Former Ministry of Labour Building now Subordinate Courts Former Tao Nan School now The Peranakan Museum Chesed El Synagogue Former Hill Street Police Station now Old Hill Street Police Station Ying Fo Fui Kun Central Fire Station Former Nanyang University Library and Administration Building Memorial and Arch Chinese High School Clock Tower Building Prinsep Street Presbyterian Church Tan Teck Guan Building College of Medicine Building Former Admiralty House Former Cathay Building now The Cathay Church of Sts Peter and Paul MacDonald House St Joseph s Church Church of Our Lady of Lourdes Church of the Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary Tou Mu Kung Temple Former Ford Factory now Memories at Old Ford Factory Command House Former St James Power Station Bowyer Block Former Raffles College now NUS Campus at Bukit Timah Former Keng Teck Whay now Singapore Yu Huang Gong Temple of Heavenly Jade Emperor Church of St Teresa Former Singapore Conference Hall and Trade Union House now Singapore Conference Hall Esplanade Park Memorials Former Tanjong Pagar Railway Station Text size Jamae Mosque Date of Construction 1830 1835 Date of Gazette 19 November 1974 Address 218 South Bridge Road

    Original URL path: http://www.pmb.sg/?page_id=186 (2012-12-22)
    Open archived version from archive

  • Sultan Mosque « Preservation Of Monuments Board
    House St Joseph s Church Church of Our Lady of Lourdes Church of the Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary Tou Mu Kung Temple Former Ford Factory now Memories at Old Ford Factory Command House Former St James Power Station Bowyer Block Former Raffles College now NUS Campus at Bukit Timah Former Keng Teck Whay now Singapore Yu Huang Gong Temple of Heavenly Jade Emperor Church of St Teresa Former Singapore Conference Hall and Trade Union House now Singapore Conference Hall Esplanade Park Memorials Former Tanjong Pagar Railway Station Text size Sultan Mosque Date of Construction 1924 1928 Date of Gazette 8 March 1975 Address 3 Muscat Street Singapore 198833 Architect Denis Santry Swan and MacLaren This mosque is an enduring testimony to the munificence of Sultan Hussein who was present with Sir Thomas Stamford Raffles at the founding of Singapore and of his descendants Sultan Hussein was designated Sultan of Johore but he resided at Kampong Glam in Singapore This royal designation officially lapsed during the time of Sultan Hussein s grandson Tunku Alam However the history of the mosque itself should begin with Sultan Hussein He built the first mosque on this spot Raffles pledged 3 000 on behalf of the East India Company towards its construction Sultan Hussein s descendants notably Tunku Alam granted the mosque more land The mosque with its landed property needed looking after In 1879 Tunku Alam nominated a five man committee This committee system lasted until 1914 when a Board of Trustees was appointed When the mosque approached its centenary the Board of Trustees raised funds to build a new larger mosque on the same site The project took about four years to complete from 1924 28 It might have been finished sooner but for the fact that more funds had to

    Original URL path: http://www.pmb.sg/?page_id=188 (2012-12-22)
    Open archived version from archive

  • St George’s Church « Preservation Of Monuments Board
    Place Building now Asian Civilisations Museum National Museum Former St Joseph s Institution now Singapore Art Museum Former Attorney General s Chambers now Parliament House Block C Former Sun Yat Sen Villa now Sun Yat Sen Nanyang Memorial Hall Yueh Hai Ching Temple Maghain Aboth Synagogue Former Ministry of Labour Building now Subordinate Courts Former Tao Nan School now The Peranakan Museum Chesed El Synagogue Former Hill Street Police Station now Old Hill Street Police Station Ying Fo Fui Kun Central Fire Station Former Nanyang University Library and Administration Building Memorial and Arch Chinese High School Clock Tower Building Prinsep Street Presbyterian Church Tan Teck Guan Building College of Medicine Building Former Admiralty House Former Cathay Building now The Cathay Church of Sts Peter and Paul MacDonald House St Joseph s Church Church of Our Lady of Lourdes Church of the Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary Tou Mu Kung Temple Former Ford Factory now Memories at Old Ford Factory Command House Former St James Power Station Bowyer Block Former Raffles College now NUS Campus at Bukit Timah Former Keng Teck Whay now Singapore Yu Huang Gong Temple of Heavenly Jade Emperor Church of St Teresa Former Singapore Conference Hall and Trade Union House now Singapore Conference Hall Esplanade Park Memorials Former Tanjong Pagar Railway Station Text size St George s Church Date of Construction 1910 1911 Date of Gazette 10 November 1978 Address Minden Road Singapore 248816 The Tanglin Barracks was established in the 1860s A garrison church was also part of the set up but we cannot be certain as to where it was located In 1911 a new garrison church was built the present St George s During the Second World War the church was used as an ammunition dump When the war was over thanksgiving and

    Original URL path: http://www.pmb.sg/?page_id=190 (2012-12-22)
    Open archived version from archive

  • Hong San See « Preservation Of Monuments Board
    Temple now Lian Shan Shuang Lin Monastery Raffles Hotel Telok Ayer Chinese Methodist Church Goodwood Park Hotel Tower Block Former Convent of the Holy Infant Jesus Chapel and Caldwell House now CHIJMES Istana and Sri Temasek City Hall Victoria Theatre and Concert Hall Former Parliament House and Annex Building now The Arts House Former Supreme Court Former Empress Place Building now Asian Civilisations Museum National Museum Former St Joseph s Institution now Singapore Art Museum Former Attorney General s Chambers now Parliament House Block C Former Sun Yat Sen Villa now Sun Yat Sen Nanyang Memorial Hall Yueh Hai Ching Temple Maghain Aboth Synagogue Former Ministry of Labour Building now Subordinate Courts Former Tao Nan School now The Peranakan Museum Chesed El Synagogue Former Hill Street Police Station now Old Hill Street Police Station Ying Fo Fui Kun Central Fire Station Former Nanyang University Library and Administration Building Memorial and Arch Chinese High School Clock Tower Building Prinsep Street Presbyterian Church Tan Teck Guan Building College of Medicine Building Former Admiralty House Former Cathay Building now The Cathay Church of Sts Peter and Paul MacDonald House St Joseph s Church Church of Our Lady of Lourdes Church of the Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary Tou Mu Kung Temple Former Ford Factory now Memories at Old Ford Factory Command House Former St James Power Station Bowyer Block Former Raffles College now NUS Campus at Bukit Timah Former Keng Teck Whay now Singapore Yu Huang Gong Temple of Heavenly Jade Emperor Church of St Teresa Former Singapore Conference Hall and Trade Union House now Singapore Conference Hall Esplanade Park Memorials Former Tanjong Pagar Railway Station Text size Hong San See Date of Construction 1908 1912 Date of Gazette 10 November 1978 Address 31 Mohamed Sultan Road Singapore 238975 Hokkiens from Nan

    Original URL path: http://www.pmb.sg/?page_id=192 (2012-12-22)
    Open archived version from archive

  • Sri Perumal Temple « Preservation Of Monuments Board
    Church Goodwood Park Hotel Tower Block Former Convent of the Holy Infant Jesus Chapel and Caldwell House now CHIJMES Istana and Sri Temasek City Hall Victoria Theatre and Concert Hall Former Parliament House and Annex Building now The Arts House Former Supreme Court Former Empress Place Building now Asian Civilisations Museum National Museum Former St Joseph s Institution now Singapore Art Museum Former Attorney General s Chambers now Parliament House Block C Former Sun Yat Sen Villa now Sun Yat Sen Nanyang Memorial Hall Yueh Hai Ching Temple Maghain Aboth Synagogue Former Ministry of Labour Building now Subordinate Courts Former Tao Nan School now The Peranakan Museum Chesed El Synagogue Former Hill Street Police Station now Old Hill Street Police Station Ying Fo Fui Kun Central Fire Station Former Nanyang University Library and Administration Building Memorial and Arch Chinese High School Clock Tower Building Prinsep Street Presbyterian Church Tan Teck Guan Building College of Medicine Building Former Admiralty House Former Cathay Building now The Cathay Church of Sts Peter and Paul MacDonald House St Joseph s Church Church of Our Lady of Lourdes Church of the Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary Tou Mu Kung Temple Former Ford Factory now Memories at Old Ford Factory Command House Former St James Power Station Bowyer Block Former Raffles College now NUS Campus at Bukit Timah Former Keng Teck Whay now Singapore Yu Huang Gong Temple of Heavenly Jade Emperor Church of St Teresa Former Singapore Conference Hall and Trade Union House now Singapore Conference Hall Esplanade Park Memorials Former Tanjong Pagar Railway Station Text size Sri Perumal Temple Date of Construction c 1870s Date of Gazette 10 November 1978 Address 397 Serangoon Road Singapore 218123 The original temple was built on land purchased from the government in 1855 By the 1960s the

    Original URL path: http://www.pmb.sg/?page_id=194 (2012-12-22)
    Open archived version from archive