archive-sg.com » SG » P » PMB.SG

Total: 149

Choose link from "Titles, links and description words view":

Or switch to "Titles and links view".
  • Bowyer Block « Preservation Of Monuments Board
    Empress Place Building now Asian Civilisations Museum National Museum Former St Joseph s Institution now Singapore Art Museum Former Attorney General s Chambers now Parliament House Block C Former Sun Yat Sen Villa now Sun Yat Sen Nanyang Memorial Hall Yueh Hai Ching Temple Maghain Aboth Synagogue Former Ministry of Labour Building now Subordinate Courts Former Tao Nan School now The Peranakan Museum Chesed El Synagogue Former Hill Street Police Station now Old Hill Street Police Station Ying Fo Fui Kun Central Fire Station Former Nanyang University Library and Administration Building Memorial and Arch Chinese High School Clock Tower Building Prinsep Street Presbyterian Church Tan Teck Guan Building College of Medicine Building Former Admiralty House Former Cathay Building now The Cathay Church of Sts Peter and Paul MacDonald House St Joseph s Church Church of Our Lady of Lourdes Church of the Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary Tou Mu Kung Temple Former Ford Factory now Memories at Old Ford Factory Command House Former St James Power Station Bowyer Block Former Raffles College now NUS Campus at Bukit Timah Former Keng Teck Whay now Singapore Yu Huang Gong Temple of Heavenly Jade Emperor Church of St Teresa Former Singapore Conference Hall and Trade Union House now Singapore Conference Hall Esplanade Park Memorials Former Tanjong Pagar Railway Station Text size Bowyer Block Date of Gazette 11 November 2009 Address 11 Third Hospital Avenue Singapore 168751 The modern history of SGH began on 29 March 1926 with the opening of 800 beds in three blocks which were renamed Bowyer Stanley and Norris Blocks after the Japanese Occupation Bowyer Block is named after Dr John Herbert Bowyer a British physician and SGH Medical Director who died from injuries sustained during torture by the Japanese military police after he was arrested in October 1944

    Original URL path: http://www.pmb.sg/?page_id=452 (2012-12-22)
    Open archived version from archive

  • Former Raffles College (now NUS Campus at Bukit Timah) « Preservation Of Monuments Board
    of Labour Building now Subordinate Courts Former Tao Nan School now The Peranakan Museum Chesed El Synagogue Former Hill Street Police Station now Old Hill Street Police Station Ying Fo Fui Kun Central Fire Station Former Nanyang University Library and Administration Building Memorial and Arch Chinese High School Clock Tower Building Prinsep Street Presbyterian Church Tan Teck Guan Building College of Medicine Building Former Admiralty House Former Cathay Building now The Cathay Church of Sts Peter and Paul MacDonald House St Joseph s Church Church of Our Lady of Lourdes Church of the Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary Tou Mu Kung Temple Former Ford Factory now Memories at Old Ford Factory Command House Former St James Power Station Bowyer Block Former Raffles College now NUS Campus at Bukit Timah Former Keng Teck Whay now Singapore Yu Huang Gong Temple of Heavenly Jade Emperor Church of St Teresa Former Singapore Conference Hall and Trade Union House now Singapore Conference Hall Esplanade Park Memorials Former Tanjong Pagar Railway Station Text size Former Raffles College now NUS Campus at Bukit Timah Date of Gazette 11 November 2009 Address 469 Bukit Timah Road Singapore 259756 Officially opened on 22 July 1929 by Sir Hugh Clifford Governor Straits Settlements Raffles College was dedicated to the promotion of arts science and learning and the provision of higher education for students without distinction of sex race nationality or religion The foundations for the establishment of the Raffles College date back to 1918 when a committee was appointed by the Straits Government to advise on a scheme to celebrate the centenary of Singapore s founding The committee agreed that the most suitable memorial would be to provide for the advancement of education and this gave rise to the establishment of Raffles College Sir Manasseh Meyer Oei Tiong

    Original URL path: http://www.pmb.sg/?page_id=454 (2012-12-22)
    Open archived version from archive

  • Former Keng Teck Whay (now Singapore Yu Huang Gong Temple of Heavenly Jade Emperor) « Preservation Of Monuments Board
    Building now Asian Civilisations Museum National Museum Former St Joseph s Institution now Singapore Art Museum Former Attorney General s Chambers now Parliament House Block C Former Sun Yat Sen Villa now Sun Yat Sen Nanyang Memorial Hall Yueh Hai Ching Temple Maghain Aboth Synagogue Former Ministry of Labour Building now Subordinate Courts Former Tao Nan School now The Peranakan Museum Chesed El Synagogue Former Hill Street Police Station now Old Hill Street Police Station Ying Fo Fui Kun Central Fire Station Former Nanyang University Library and Administration Building Memorial and Arch Chinese High School Clock Tower Building Prinsep Street Presbyterian Church Tan Teck Guan Building College of Medicine Building Former Admiralty House Former Cathay Building now The Cathay Church of Sts Peter and Paul MacDonald House St Joseph s Church Church of Our Lady of Lourdes Church of the Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary Tou Mu Kung Temple Former Ford Factory now Memories at Old Ford Factory Command House Former St James Power Station Bowyer Block Former Raffles College now NUS Campus at Bukit Timah Former Keng Teck Whay now Singapore Yu Huang Gong Temple of Heavenly Jade Emperor Church of St Teresa Former Singapore Conference Hall and Trade Union House now Singapore Conference Hall Esplanade Park Memorials Former Tanjong Pagar Railway Station Text size Former Keng Teck Whay now Singapore Yu Huang Gong Temple of Heavenly Jade Emperor Date of Gazette 11 November 2009 Address 150 Telok Ayer Street Singaproe 068608 Keng Teck Huay was founded in 1831 by 36 men who were Hokkien Peranakan merchants from Malacca as a self help organization for them their family and direct descendants irrespective of surnames This symbolized the social environment where there was no differentiation in the Peranakan Chinese society The rear building still serves as an ancestral hall

    Original URL path: http://www.pmb.sg/?page_id=455 (2012-12-22)
    Open archived version from archive

  • Church of St Teresa « Preservation Of Monuments Board
    Museum Former St Joseph s Institution now Singapore Art Museum Former Attorney General s Chambers now Parliament House Block C Former Sun Yat Sen Villa now Sun Yat Sen Nanyang Memorial Hall Yueh Hai Ching Temple Maghain Aboth Synagogue Former Ministry of Labour Building now Subordinate Courts Former Tao Nan School now The Peranakan Museum Chesed El Synagogue Former Hill Street Police Station now Old Hill Street Police Station Ying Fo Fui Kun Central Fire Station Former Nanyang University Library and Administration Building Memorial and Arch Chinese High School Clock Tower Building Prinsep Street Presbyterian Church Tan Teck Guan Building College of Medicine Building Former Admiralty House Former Cathay Building now The Cathay Church of Sts Peter and Paul MacDonald House St Joseph s Church Church of Our Lady of Lourdes Church of the Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary Tou Mu Kung Temple Former Ford Factory now Memories at Old Ford Factory Command House Former St James Power Station Bowyer Block Former Raffles College now NUS Campus at Bukit Timah Former Keng Teck Whay now Singapore Yu Huang Gong Temple of Heavenly Jade Emperor Church of St Teresa Former Singapore Conference Hall and Trade Union House now Singapore Conference Hall Esplanade Park Memorials Former Tanjong Pagar Railway Station Text size Church of St Teresa Date of Gazette 11 November 2009 Address 2 Bukit Purmei Singapore 099865 Officially opened on 7 April 1929 the Church of St Teresa is the first rural church in Singapore Built in 1928 and completed in April 1929 the land on which the Church stood on was purchased in November 1925 by Father Emile Mariette The building is a reflection of the French Missionaries contributions in Singapore as the French Mission sold their coconut estate in Changi to raise the building fund of 26 000

    Original URL path: http://www.pmb.sg/?page_id=458 (2012-12-22)
    Open archived version from archive

  • Former Singapore Conference Hall and Trade Union House (now Singapore Conference Hall) « Preservation Of Monuments Board
    Former Supreme Court Former Empress Place Building now Asian Civilisations Museum National Museum Former St Joseph s Institution now Singapore Art Museum Former Attorney General s Chambers now Parliament House Block C Former Sun Yat Sen Villa now Sun Yat Sen Nanyang Memorial Hall Yueh Hai Ching Temple Maghain Aboth Synagogue Former Ministry of Labour Building now Subordinate Courts Former Tao Nan School now The Peranakan Museum Chesed El Synagogue Former Hill Street Police Station now Old Hill Street Police Station Ying Fo Fui Kun Central Fire Station Former Nanyang University Library and Administration Building Memorial and Arch Chinese High School Clock Tower Building Prinsep Street Presbyterian Church Tan Teck Guan Building College of Medicine Building Former Admiralty House Former Cathay Building now The Cathay Church of Sts Peter and Paul MacDonald House St Joseph s Church Church of Our Lady of Lourdes Church of the Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary Tou Mu Kung Temple Former Ford Factory now Memories at Old Ford Factory Command House Former St James Power Station Bowyer Block Former Raffles College now NUS Campus at Bukit Timah Former Keng Teck Whay now Singapore Yu Huang Gong Temple of Heavenly Jade Emperor Church of St Teresa Former Singapore Conference Hall and Trade Union House now Singapore Conference Hall Esplanade Park Memorials Former Tanjong Pagar Railway Station Text size Former Singapore Conference Hall and Trade Union House now Singapore Conference Hall Date of Construction 1962 1965 Date of Gazette 28 December 2010 Address 7 Shenton Way Singapore 068810 Architects William Lim Chan Voon Fee and Lim Chong Keat The former Singapore Conference Hall and Trade Union House was the subject of a design competition announced by the government on 14 June 1961 It was built to fulfil an electoral promise made by the People s Action

    Original URL path: http://www.pmb.sg/?page_id=941 (2012-12-22)
    Open archived version from archive

  • Esplanade Park Memorials « Preservation Of Monuments Board
    Presbyterian Church Tan Teck Guan Building College of Medicine Building Former Admiralty House Former Cathay Building now The Cathay Church of Sts Peter and Paul MacDonald House St Joseph s Church Church of Our Lady of Lourdes Church of the Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary Tou Mu Kung Temple Former Ford Factory now Memories at Old Ford Factory Command House Former St James Power Station Bowyer Block Former Raffles College now NUS Campus at Bukit Timah Former Keng Teck Whay now Singapore Yu Huang Gong Temple of Heavenly Jade Emperor Church of St Teresa Former Singapore Conference Hall and Trade Union House now Singapore Conference Hall Esplanade Park Memorials Former Tanjong Pagar Railway Station Text size Esplanade Park Memorials a Tan Kim Seng Fountain Date of construction 1882 Date of Gazette 28 December 2010 Address Esplanade Park Connaught Drive Designed by Andrew Handyside Co Britannia Iron Works in Derby Great Britan The Tan Kim Seng Fountain is a fine example of a 19 th century cast iron fountain It represents the Municipal Council s efforts to commemorate Tan Kim Seng s contributions towards bettering society It was unveiled on 19 May 1882 at Battery Road in Fullerton Square by then President of the Municipality Sir Thomas Scott Designed by Messrs Andrew Handyside Co Britannia Iron Works the fountain features four Muses in the lower bowl Calliope holding a book or a writing tablet Clio holding a scroll Erato holding a lyre and Melpomene holding a garland Tan was a supporter of the Tan Tock Seng Hospital the President of the principal Chinese temple in Malacca and the leader of the Chinese community in Singapore His other contributions to society include the building and endowing of the Chinese Free School known as Chui Eng Si E in Amoy Street More information on this monument can be found in Singapore Infopedia National Library Board b Cenotaph Date of Construction 1920 1922 Date of Gazette 28 December 2010 Address Esplanade Park Connaught Drive Designed by Denis Santry of Swan and MacLaren The Cenotaph is the first military commemorative structure in Singapore that honours individuals who perished in both the First and Second World Wars It was initially erected to commemorate the 124 men from the colony of Singapore who never returned from the war in Europe Then Governor of the Straits Settlements Sir Laurence Nunns Guillemard laid the foundation stone on 15 November 1920 in the presence of then French Premier M Georges Clemenceau Prince of Wales unveiled the Cenotaph in March 1922 Designed by Denis Santry of Swan and MacLaren the memorial bears bronze tablets with inscriptions of those who perished during the First World War with the inscription that reads To Our Glorious Dead Crowning the roof of the war memorial is a bronze medallion comprising a laurel wreath of victory enclosing the crown symbolising the Colony of Singapore The bronze sculpture works on the Cenotaph were done by a well known Swiss sculptor Mr R Wenings and the Central

    Original URL path: http://www.pmb.sg/?page_id=953 (2012-12-22)
    Open archived version from archive

  • Former Tanjong Pagar Railway Station « Preservation Of Monuments Board
    Museum Chesed El Synagogue Former Hill Street Police Station now Old Hill Street Police Station Ying Fo Fui Kun Central Fire Station Former Nanyang University Library and Administration Building Memorial and Arch Chinese High School Clock Tower Building Prinsep Street Presbyterian Church Tan Teck Guan Building College of Medicine Building Former Admiralty House Former Cathay Building now The Cathay Church of Sts Peter and Paul MacDonald House St Joseph s Church Church of Our Lady of Lourdes Church of the Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary Tou Mu Kung Temple Former Ford Factory now Memories at Old Ford Factory Command House Former St James Power Station Bowyer Block Former Raffles College now NUS Campus at Bukit Timah Former Keng Teck Whay now Singapore Yu Huang Gong Temple of Heavenly Jade Emperor Church of St Teresa Former Singapore Conference Hall and Trade Union House now Singapore Conference Hall Esplanade Park Memorials Former Tanjong Pagar Railway Station Text size Former Tanjong Pagar Railway Station Date of Construction 1929 1931 Date of Gazette 8 April 2011 Address 30 Keppel Road Architects Swan and Maclaren H C Atkin Berry Denis Santry and D S Petrovich Tanjong Pagar Railway Station was declared open on 2 May 1932 by Governor Cecil Clementi who noted that it would be one of the most nodal points in the whole world s scheme of communications as its close proximity to Keppel Harbour enabled it to create a link between sea and land borne traffic It was constructed with the deviation of railway lines in Singapore to cope with the increased traffic which resulted from the Causeway s opening in June 1924 Built to replace Tank Road Station as the terminal station for the Federated Malay States Railway FMSR which ran through Malaysia and Singapore the building was designed to

    Original URL path: http://www.pmb.sg/?page_id=1162 (2012-12-22)
    Open archived version from archive

  • Album 6 « Gallery 72 « National Monuments « Preservation Of Monuments Board
    s Church Hong San See Sri Perumal Temple Abdul Gafoor Mosque Former Siong Lim Temple now Lian Shan Shuang Lin Monastery Raffles Hotel Telok Ayer Chinese Methodist Church Goodwood Park Hotel Tower Block Former Convent of the Holy Infant Jesus Chapel and Caldwell House now CHIJMES Istana and Sri Temasek City Hall Victoria Theatre and Concert Hall Former Parliament House and Annex Building now The Arts House Former Supreme Court Former Empress Place Building now Asian Civilisations Museum National Museum Former St Joseph s Institution now Singapore Art Museum Former Attorney General s Chambers now Parliament House Block C Former Sun Yat Sen Villa now Sun Yat Sen Nanyang Memorial Hall Yueh Hai Ching Temple Maghain Aboth Synagogue Former Ministry of Labour Building now Subordinate Courts Former Tao Nan School now The Peranakan Museum Chesed El Synagogue Former Hill Street Police Station now Old Hill Street Police Station Ying Fo Fui Kun Central Fire Station Former Nanyang University Library and Administration Building Memorial and Arch Chinese High School Clock Tower Building Prinsep Street Presbyterian Church Tan Teck Guan Building College of Medicine Building Former Admiralty House Former Cathay Building now The Cathay Church of Sts Peter and Paul MacDonald House

    Original URL path: http://www.pmb.sg/index.php?page_id=6&album=6&gallery=72 (2012-12-22)
    Open archived version from archive