archive-sg.com » SG » N » NUS.SG

Total: 209

Choose link from "Titles, links and description words view":

Or switch to "Titles and links view".
  • NUS - 1905
    Edward VII Medical School in recognition of a gift of 124 800 from the King Edward VII Memorial Fund for the endowment of a professorship of Physiology The Planters Association of Malaya donated 1 629 28 to found a scholarship in memory of the late W W Bailey while Highlands and Lowlands Rubber Company Selangor and Sungei Way Rubber Companies pledged annual subscriptions of 800 to the W W Bailey Memorial Fund The Chair of Physiology was established with Dr J A Campbell 1913 1921 as the first holder 1916 The General Council of Medical Education of Great Britain accorded official recognition for the King Edward VII School of Medicine s Licentiate of Medicine and Surgery Diploma 1916 The Federated Malay States Hostel for 72 male students was built and funded by the FMS Government 1920 The Medical School s name was changed to King Edward VII College of Medicine to lend academic status as an institution providing professional training of university standard chairs of anatomy medicine midwifery and gynaecology clinical surgery and surgery were also created 1925 Chairs of bacteriology biochemistry and biology were created with an endowment of 350 000 from the Rockefeller foundation 1926 A new Medical

    Original URL path: http://nus.sg/about-nus/history/milestones/54-1905?tmpl=component&print=1&layout=default&page= (2012-12-22)
    Open archived version from archive